Sunday, October 28, 2007

Druids and Achieving Crit Immunity

Crit Immunity! Such an annoying topic. Remember that time when you finally replaced that piece of gear only to find out that it may not have been such an upgrade? No. Then I guess I must be the only Durr Durrid here. Anyways, I was looking at all the goodies from the vendor in the 2.3 Patch (MMo-Champion.com has it all) and realized that there was no defense rating on any of the gear. So, what is a feral druid to do. I mean c'mon I really want to replace those Clefthoof pieces. I still feel all nooby wearing them. Anyways, I began to ponder on how I can replace those pieces (and others) and make up for the loss of defense(which needs to be 415 or 2.6% chance to not be hit/crit w/ Primal Tenacity). I finally just went to bed with buring questions in my head.

So I woke up about 2 weeks ago (yeah I am a slacker poster) and remembered defense's red-headed stepchild... RESILIENCE!! That was it the solution to my problem and so many other druids. So, even though there was probably some really fancy spreadsheet out there with all the data, I decided to use my sub-par algebra skills to do some problem solving. So I determined that Resil scales much faster than def.

Resil= .025% per point to decrease crit
Def= .0167% per point to decrease hit/crit

Now stop, don't go replacing all that defense with resilience. Instead, look at the pieces that you like and determine how much Def/resil you need to hit immunity. Consider some of the Arean Pieces and the PVP bracers. They will help you hit that cap really fast. Oh, and don't forget about +15 resilience to chest. +6 Stats is excellent, but it ain't hitting the cap for me.

Hope someone can make sense of this and that it helps you!

No comments: