Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kitty damage rotation.

Okay, so most of my blogs have really been about bear tanking. I decided finally I will accept the fact that I am a hybrid, and not just a teddy tank. Most of the work I do in a 25 man setting is actually DPS work. I thought I'd bring to attention what damage rotation I think works best, and what I prefer. If you would like to see FELLESA spec, you can click my name back there. Seriously! So slap on that cat gear, and lets get to shredding!

Keep these things in mind and you will be biting and clawing to the top of the meters:

  • Mangle is only used to keep up a debuff (unless soloing)
  • Shred is the primary button you should mash
  • Once you get to 4 combo points, hit rip. I know it is not 5 points, but if you crit on that last shred, you risk losing an extra combo point.
  • You can start off with a pounce, but I prefer not to waste the energy and start with a mangle.
  • If you have a few combo points at the last few percent of trash, hit ferocious bite
  • Socket for agility (Post about that soon)
  • Utilize power shifting (Post soon!)
Now that you have the basics, the rotation is really easy. I use:

Standard Rotation
Mangle>>Shred>>Shred>>Shred>>Rip>>Shred>>Mangle
*Now my crit is pretty high, so most times 3 shreds will give me between 4-5 points. If you crit is not as high, it may take another shred.

Rotation if the boss is at 5% or if the Trash is at 35%

Mangle>>Shred>>Shred>>Shred>>Ferocious Bite
* I am getting dirty looks from some of you , I know! Anyways, there are actually two ways you can do this. You can go ahead with the ferocious bite and hope for a nice fat crit OR you can continue to shred. I prefer FB, but that is just me. Also, you have to adjust for mobs with more HP. This is just a guide and no means standardizes at what percent you should use this rotation.

Work on this and you should see a nice increase in DPS. Now that most bosses are bleedable, you should see a nice spot on the damage meter.

More to come soon!




No comments: