Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What spec are you?

I finally thought it would be a great time to make a post about druid specs. I will discuss a few Feral and resto builds and what I like about them. Lets start off with Fellesa's resto build. This is the build I use for PVE as well as some light PVP. It incorporates what I believe to be the best resto talents and balance talents.

Fellesa's resto build: 8/0/53

So why do I like this spec?
I love this spec because I am a pure hotter. This is not for the Healing Touch spammer. It focuses purely on helping your hots. You notice I put 2 points in Empowered Touch. This is just for that extra boost in your Natures Swiftness>> Healing touch combo. Also note that this build is built specifically just for healing. You get no nifty points in Balance that increases your DPS. The points spent there is for PVP survivability.

Soraxen's Resto Build: 12/0/49

Notes about Soraxen's build: This is completely PVE. There is absolutely no PVP viability in this spec (imo). Unlike my build, Soraxen has some more points in the balance tree to help with DPS as well as healing touch based spells in the resto tree.

~Note that these are two completely different specs. Mine is for pure HOTs and some survivability. Soraxen's is focused more for some minor soloing and for both Hots and Healing Touch. What one is better? You decide.

OKAY NOW ON TO THE GOODIES!!

Feral Spec: Feral spec brings true druid-like talent to the table. Feral druids are effective tanks, dps, and even healers with the goods. We are truly the most versatile spec in the game. I am going to show you what I think are the top two versatile specs.

Fellesa's Feral Spec: 0/47/14


Why do I like my spec? One word, Functionality. Aside from PVP, this is in my opinion one of the best druid specs. I get most of the goodies in Feral tree with even a few in the resto tree to boot. There is however one feral talent I want to get once I see a few T5 pieces. The next spec covers that.

Acroyear's Spec: 0/47/14 (Sounds the same, eh?)


Note about Acro's spec: This spec is even a bit more versatile than my own. With the ability to swap out a weapon with tons of agi and blast a few heals on the raid, you have definitely proved your worth. You can see that Acro chose to improve his bash. You could also put a point in the nifty roots talent.

~ Which spec is for you? Well if you play a cat most of the time, Acro's spec is the way to go. He has all the goodies that will make you pwn with the addition of some healing. My spec on the other hand is more for bears. If you tank a bit, dps a bit, heal a bit, either will work. You just have to apply the spec to the dungeons you are in and your primary role.



Leave some comments, suggest some specs. I'm always excited to try something new. More posts soon! <3

No comments: