Friday, September 7, 2007

Karazhan. A terrible mistake?

http://afkgamer.com/archives/2007/08/30/the-karazhan-mistake/

This post was a topic of controversy in my guild forums. While some believe that Kara was a mistake, I oppose that. I believe that 10 man raid instances were the best idea that Blizz has come up with. Here is my post in regarding this on my forums:

"If they plan on still having 25 man raids in the next expansion, then make the first one the entry level one."

That is well said. If you are going to implement a new system, make one that works. Make end-game either all 10 man or all 25 man. I personally think the 10 man system works. I would say screw 25 mans, and just have focus on 10 man raids. This way guilds could still progress (With their most dedicated raiders) but this also means that everyone can raid at their own pace. Another thing we have to consider is that we have much more than 25 people willing to raid. The problem is that people cannot dedicate 4 raiding nights a week. That just promotes burnout. I know people want to stop doing Karazhan, but I am not finished. I enjoy the relationships I have built with my team. We have come to many hurdles and overcome them. I can only hope that we can continue in our progress and do ZM together when it gets released. I know some people may be shocked by that statement. It is not that I do not want to help the guild progress, it is just that I enjoy 10 man raids much more. Anyways that is my 2 cents.

<3 Leg

I already know this is going to spark a huge debate, and probably even result in me leaving. This is not supported by my guild. In fact, they want Kara to be put on the back burner for "bigger better things". That is their opinion, and I must say, I do respect it. That is the kind of raider they are. I am the kind of raider that likes to know everyone by name. You develop very personal relationships with these people, and it feels much more rewarding to me when we can achieve something. I think it is easier to reach raiding harmony with a 10 man, and personally I think that makes for a much more intimate setting. I can only hope they will follow through and make 10mans top priority in the expansion.

No comments: