Thursday, September 6, 2007

So I play a feral Druid

Druid. Was is a druid? Are we just the bastard stepchildren of the priest, mage , warrior , and rogue; or are we more?

I have been playing a feral druid for a good year and a half now, and I must say that we are invaluable. I know to all you purists out there, you are cringing right now. I'll admit, the "pure" class may be better, but how effective are they? Can they honestly tank, dps, and heal? The answer to that is no, no they can't. I've already anticipated your next question... but... but.. your feral! How can you say that you can heal? Le me put this as simply as I can: Feral Druids CAN heal. I have been tinkering around with healing gear for a while, and for the most part I have developed a good set. I push myself to the limits. I want to do everything, and I want to do it well. I will continue to build upon 3 sets of gear to become the best I can. This is your duty as a feral.

To tank or not to tank?

Well, that is the question. Feral tanks have a great deal of good to bring to a party or raid. We can easily build threat, and even mitigate direct damage better than warriors. We truly make an excellent addition to any team. But, with all good things comes a price. Magical mitigation is non existent for Druids. To have an adequate amount of magical damage mitigation, we have to suffer severely. We mitigate through armor and dodge. With that gear getting replaced by mediocre blues and epics, we really get the crappy end of the staff. Another thing that healers like about warriors is that their damage taken is more consistent. Consistent is good. That is while I share my MTing with my good warrior buddy. We know what encounters we are better suited for, and switch out for em.

Hire a cat or Mr. Mcstabystab over there?

Well, I hate to tell you, but cats are awesome. I think we contribute much more flexibility than a rogue can. A cat in good gear can easily pump out some comparable damage. Pounce>mangle>rake>mangle>rip >shred... dead. Simple as that. Also, with druid itemization it is now very easy to get your attack power over 2500. Not too shabby if I say so myself.
PS>> We can pop out and heal ourselves. Durid ftw!


So here is a synopsis of my gear:
Bear

13,004 HP
26,972 AC
31.07% dodge
26.04% crit
1335 attack power
422 Defense
21 resillence

Cat

2361 Attack Power
37.76 % Crit
73 hit rating
8,064 HP

Healing

6544 HP
9,950 Mana
1323 Healing
82/5 (while casting)
8.4% chance to crit


In all, yes we can do three things, and three things well. You just need to develop strategies for all three jobs. Being a very informed and focused player can greatly help in that.


okay nuff ranting

No comments: